This shallot steak sauce only requires 2 ingredients and is super easy to make. You will like it so much that you will never want to eat a steak without it ever again.
This sauce is a huge classic in French « Bistrot » cuisine. It is usually served with a bavette steak ("bavette échalottes") along with mashed potatoes.
This shallot sauce is traditionally made with butter. Sometimes, you can also find it made with wine. But I've chosen to keep it very simple and the most allergy free as possible (considering that many people are allergic to wine sulfites).
- shallots. Shallots are part of the same family as onions. But they have a sweeter and milder taste than onions. Shallots are full of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make this shallot steak sauce
- Peel and finely slice the shallots. Then transfer them in a small saucepan.
- Add the olive oil and let it cook on very low heat for about 30 minutes or until shallots get a nice golden color. And voilà! Serve immediately this shallot sauce with steak.
Other sauce recipes you might like
- Parsley pesto sauce (Paleo, vegan, whole30)
- Basil pesto (Yeast free, AIP, paleo, vegan)
- Vegan and gluten free Bechamel sauce
Shallot steak sauce (dairy free, paleo, whole30, AIP)
- 100 g shallots
- 1.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and finely slice the shallots. Transfer them in a small saucepan.
- Add the olive oil and let it cook on very low heat for about 30 minutes or until shallots get a nice golden color. And voilà! Serve immediately with steak.Bon appétit !