These cheesy scalloped potatoes with gluten free Bechamel are the best! This old fashioned French side dish is easy and simple.
These homemade scalloped potatoes au gratin are deliciously cheesy and creamy. You will love them so much they will become one of your go-to comforting dishes.
These gluten free scalloped potatoes with Bechamel sauce are easy to make and kid friendly!
- Bechamel sauce. It is a French white medium-thick sauce. It is usually made with butter and wheat flour. Although here, I'm using a gluten free, dairy free version of it. You can find the recipe here. This sauce is used a lot in France to make all kinds of casserole or, as we call them "gratin". This sauce makes it much easier for kids to eat vegetables.
- grated cheese of your choice. This recipe is usually made with gruyere cheese. But as I can't have cow dairy I'm using sheep cheese (a French cheese called Ossau-Iraty). You can also use cheddar, emmental or whatever you prefer.
- garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make this
Peel the potatoes, rince them under cold water. And slice them very thin. Then transfer them to a baking dish.
Peel and mince the garlic clove and add it to the Bechamel sauce.
Pour the Bechamel sauce over the potatoes.
Add grated cheese and mix everything.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and they have a nice golden color and voilà! Serve these scalloped potatoes warm. Bon appétit!
Other recipes with Bechamel sauce
French Cheesy Gluten free Scalloped Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 410°F (210°C)
- Peel the potatoes, rince them under cold water and slice them very thin and transfer them to a baking dish.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove and add it to the Bechamel sauce
- Pour the Bechamel sauce over the potatoes. Add grated cheese, salt and peper to taste and mix everything.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and have a nice golden color and voilà! Serve warm. Bon appétit!