This easy and quick to make Basil Pesto Without Pine Nuts will perfectly accompany your (grain free) pasta, zucchini noodles, salad or grilled meat. However you use it, it will bring delicious flavors and a nice freshness to your dish.
Are you a fan of basil pesto but trying to avoid the expense of pine nuts and Parmesan? Basil pesto without pine nuts is a delicious alternative to the classic version of the Italian sauce. In this recipe, you'll learn how to make a flavorful pesto that avoids the traditional pine nuts and that is also dairy free.
Jump To / Aller directement à
Why another dairy free basil pesto without pine nuts recipe while already so many already exist? Because, from what I have seen, most of the dairy free pesto recipes contain yeast. And if you have been curious enough to have a look at my own personal food intolerance, you know that I can't have yeast. So my challenge was to make this pesto at the same time, without pine nuts, dairy free and yeast free. And here we are. Hope you will enjoy it!
I use this basil pesto without pine nuts to make my delicious French Pistou Soup.
If you like pesto but want to try something other than basil pesto, you can try my Almond Parsley Pesto.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Yeast free recipe.
- Extremely easy to make.
- 5 ingredients or even 4 ingredients if you don't use the optional garlic.
- Ready in 5 minutes.
- This pesto is dairy free, gluten free and without pine nuts. I also give you an option to make it completely nut free and AIP compliant.
Start making your own homemade dairy free pesto without pine nuts today and enjoy all the aromatic flavors of basil.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Basil. To make this pesto, you will need fresh basil leaves.
- Olive oil. Make sure to use extra virgin olive oil.
- Almond flour (or tigernut flour if you are on AIP or nut free). Almond flour allows us to make pesto without pine nuts while still getting a delicious nutty flavor. And if you are nut free or on AIP, you can use tigernut flour instead of almond flour. Because tigernut is not a nut but has a nutty flavor, it's the perfect solution for a nut free pesto recipe! If you've never heard about tigernut flour before, you can read my post What is tigernut flour.
- Garlic clove (optional). If you don't like garlic or can't have it, you can omit it, this basil pesto will still be delicious without it.
- Salt. Make sure to use sea salt or, even better, Fleur de Sel. If you don't know what it is, you can read my article What is Fleur de Sel.
For the quantities and complete list of ingredients for this Basil pesto, please see the recipe card below.
To make this Basil pesto, you will need a small blender that will do all the hard work for you.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Wash and dry the basil leaves
Place basil, almond flour (or tigernut flour), olive oil, optional garlic and salt in a small blender.
Process until smooth.
Transfer pesto to an airtight container or screw the lid of your blender container if it has one.
I recommend using a small blender if you follow the quantities indicated here. If you use a large blender, I recommend multiplying the quantities by 2 or 3.
🍲 Other summer recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Basil Pesto Without Pine Nuts
- 1 garlic clove small
- Wash and dry the basil leaves
- Place basil, almond flour (or tigernut flour), olive oil, optional garlic and salt in a blender. Process until smooth and voilà!Bon appétit !