Once again, here is a revised version of a very traditional French dish. This version with gluten-free and vegan Bechamel, not only adapts to food intolerances but it is also much lighter than the original one which uses butter and milk. Hope you will enjoy it!
- 1 head cauliflower or 2.2 pounds (1kg) frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (50 cl) Bechamel sauce (click here to see the recipe)
- 1 cup (150g) grated cheese of your choice (gruyère…)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 355° F
- Cut head cauliflower into florets, rince them and cook them for 5 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Drain cauliflower and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Add minced garlic to the Bechamel sauce
- Pour the Bechamel sauce over the cauliflower. Add grated cheese all over the cauliflower, bake for about 30 minutes and voilà! Serve warm.