This spring roll salad bowl with shrimp is easy to make and absolutely delicious. This Asian style salad is fresh and flavorful.
Vermicelli and shrimp make the best spring roll salad bowl recipe. When the weather heats up, this spring roll salad bowl is perfect for something a little lighter and refreshing to serve for lunch or dinner.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- This spring roll salad bowl is light and fresh.
- An Asian style recipe, full of flavors.
- Easy and quick recipe, perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- This recipe is gluten free and I give you options to make it paleo and AIP compliant.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Rice vermicelli (if you are on AIP or paleo diet replace with sweet potato glass noodles) Rice vermicelli are thin rice flour noodles. Thanks to the fact that they are made of rice, those noodles are gluten free. But rice vermicelli are not grain free so they are not paleo nor AIP compliant.
- Shredded carrot. You can run the carrots through your food processor using the grating attachment. Or you can grate the carrots on your box grater.
- Avocado. Make sure to choose a perfectly ripe avocado.
- Shrimp. Shrimps are one of the most consumed types of shellfish. They are quite nutritious and provide high amounts of certain nutrients, such as iodine. Shrimps often come already cooked in the grocery store. Good news: this is what you will need to make this recipe. If you buy already cooked and peeled shrimp, make sure there are no additives in the ingredients.
- Fresh cilantro / coriander. Or you can also use fresh mint leaves.
For the salad dressing
- Tamari sauce (if you are on AIP, paleo or if you are soy free replace with coconut aminos). What is tamari sauce? It is a gluten free soy sauce. Regular soy sauce contains wheat (and, consequently, gluten). If you are soy free, AIP or paleo you must use coconut aminos instead of tamari sauce. Coconut aminos is a gluten free, soy free, paleo and AIP compliant alternative to soy sauce. It is made from the fermented sap of coconut palm.
- Lemon juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Olive oil. Make sure to choose extra virgin olive oil.
- Fish sauce. If you are on paleo or AIP, make sure to check the ingredients in order to choose a compliant fish sauce.
For the quantities for this spring roll salad bowl, please see the recipe below.
🥣 Step by step instructions
Prepare the noodles according to instructions written on the package (they might change slightly from one brand to another and depending on the type of noodles you are using). Drain and add to a large bowl. Add the shredded carrot.
Peel the half avocado, slice it and add it to the bowl. Add the shrimps and sprinkle with chopped cilantro/coriander.
In a separate jar or bowl mix all the dressing ingredients, add them to the salad and voilà! Serve immediately. Bon appétit!
💬 Frequently Asked Questions
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
🍲 Other recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5 star rating on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Spring Roll Salad Bowl
- Prepare the noodles according to instructions written on the package (they might change slightly from one brand to another and depending on the type of noodles you are using). Drain and add to a large bowl. Add the shredded carrot.
- Peel the half avocado, slice it and add it to the bowl. Add the shrimps and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- In a separate jar or bowl mix all the dressing ingredients. Then pour the dressing over the salad and voilà! Serve immediately.Bon appétit !