This delicious vegetarian and vegan taco salad bowl with guacamole is super easy to make. This meal is filling and packed with healthy ingredients. Perfect for Taco Tuesday or Meatless Monday!
Jump To / Aller directement à
This super easy and simple taco salad bowl is fresh and filling. That's why it is one of my go-to gluten free spring recipes. I love the fact that it is meatless and can either be made vegetarian or vegan.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- This taco salad bowl is easy to make.
- This recipe is vegetarian and vegan so it's perfect for a meatless meal.
- It's both filling and healthy.
- Easy to customize to your own personal preference.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Canned red/kidney beans or black beans. You can, of course, also use beans that you have cooked yourself instead of using canned beans.
- Lettuce. Choose whatever kind of lettuce you prefer: Butter lettuce, Romaine, Coral, Iceberg, Watercress, Scarole, Frisée, Little Gem, Mixed Baby lettuce...
- Tomato. Use fresh tomato if tomatoes are in season. If it's not tomato season, use tomato sauce.
- Guacamole. I make my own homemade guacamole. It's ready in less than 5 minutes and it's super easy to make. It's so quick and easy to make with only 4 ingredients that it's really not worth buying ready made guacamole. Check out my 4 ingredient guacamole recipe.
- Corn tortilla chips. They are, of course, totally optional but they add a crispy note to this vegan taco salad bowl. Please note that store bought corn tortilla chips are part of the junk food category. You should only eat them from time to time, certainly not on a daily basis. Also, make sure that they are gluten free before buying them. They should only contain corn, oil and salt. No other ingredients are needed, so make sure they don't contain other additives.
- Cheese of your choice. If you are vegan or dairy free, use vegan cheese. If you're not dairy free nor vegan, you can use any kind of cheese you like. As I can't have cow dairy, I use Ossau-Iraty (a sheep cheese from Southwestern France).
For the complete list of ingredients and quantities for this vegan and vegetarian taco bowl, please see the recipe below.
Do not hesitate to add some rice to your taco salad bowl if you feel like it.
Here are some toppings you can add to your vegan taco salad bowl to customize it:
- Chopped fresh cilantro / coriander
- Chimichurri sauce
💬 Recipe FAQs
Yes you can. Cook the beans with tomato and shallot and keep them refrigerated, then just slightly reheat them before serving. You can also prepare the guacamole and toppings. Just make sure to follow the storage instructions below.
Keep everything stored in separate airtight containers in the fridge.
🍲 Other recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Taco Salad Bowl (vegetarian, vegan)
- 200 grams (1 cup) canned kidney beans or canned black beans
- 80 grams (2 cups) lettuce of your choice
- 1 tomato if in season or ½ cup tomato sauce if out of the season
- 1 shallot or ¼ onion
- 3 Tablespoons guacamole (check out my 4 ingredient guacamole recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + 1 teaspoon for the pan
- Pinch of cumin powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 25 grams (A handful) corn tortilla chips make sure they are gluten free
- 50 grams (¼ cup) cheese of your choice If you're vegan or dairy free choose a vegan cheese. If you're not, you can use dairy cheese of your choice.
- Peel and dice the shallot (or onion) and make it sweat with a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cut the fresh tomato in pieces and add it to the pan. (Use tomato sauce if tomatoes are not in season). Add the kidney beans to the frying pan and a pinch of cumin. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, put the guacamole on one side and add the lettuce next to it.
- Once cooked, transfer the tomato and beans to the salad bowl, next to the lettuce (not on top of it, otherwise it will cook it).
- If you want to add cheese, cut it into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Finally, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Serve immediately with some corn tortilla chips and voila! Bon appétit!