The most delicious vegetarian and gluten free taco bowl with guacamole. Perfect for taco Tuesday or meatless Monday!
This super easy and simple taco bowl is fresh and filling. That's why it is one of my go-to dinners in the summertime.
Ingredients for this vegetarian taco bowl
- canned red or black beans
- lettuce of your choice
- tomato. Use fresh tomato if tomatoes are in season. If it's not tomato season, use tomato sauce.
- shallot or onion
- guacamole. I make my own homemade guacamole. It's made in 5 minutes and it's super easy. You can check the recipe here.
- powdered cumin
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- corn tortilla chips. They are, of course, totally optional but they add a crispy note to this vegetarian taco bowl.
- cheese of your choice. Also optional. As I can't have cow dairy, I use Ossau-Iraty a sheep cheese from Southwestern France. But you can use any other kind of cheese.
How to make this vegetarian taco bowl
- Peel and slice the shallot (or onion) in tiny pieces and make it sweat with a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, put the guacamole on one side and add the lettuce next to it.
- Add the fresh tomato (or tomato sauce) and the red beans in the frying pan. Add a pinch of cumin. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer the whole thing into the salad bowl, next to the lettuce (not on top of it, otherwise it will cook it)
- If you want to add cheese, cut it into small pieces and add them on top of the lettuce. Add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil to your taco bowl. Then put some tortilla chips on the side of the bowl and voila!