Ingredients for 1 serving :
- 1 cup (200 g) red beans
- 1.5 cups lettuce of your choice
- 1 tomato if in season or 1/2 cup tomato sauce if out of the season
- 1 shallot
- 2 or 3 Tbsp guacamole (check out my express guacamole recipe here: https://gohealthywithbea.com/express-guacamole/)
- Optional : 1/4 cup (50 g) cheese of your choice (I chose Ossau-Iraty a sheep cheese from Southwestern France)
- Powdered cumin
- Lemon juice (a squeeze)
- Olive oil
- A handful of corn tortilla chips
- Peel and slice the shallot in tiny pieces and make it sweat with a little bit of oil in a frying pan
- In the meantime, in a bowl, put the guacamole on one side and add the lettuce next to it.
- Add the fresh tomato (or tomato sauce) and the red beans in the frying pan. Add a pinch of cumin. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer the whole thing into the salad bowl, next to the lettuce (not on top of it, otherwise it will cook it)
- If you want to add cheese, cut it into small pieces and add them on top of the lettuce. Add a generous squeeze of lemon juice and a little bit of olive oil to your salad, put some tortilla chips on the side of the salad bowl and voila!