This delicious vegetarian and vegan taco salad bowl with guacamole is super easy to make. Perfect for taco Tuesday or meatless Monday!
This super easy and simple taco bowl is fresh and filling. That's why it is one of my go-to dinners in the summertime. I love the fact that it is meatless and can either be made vegetarian or vegan.
- canned red/kidney beans or black beans. You can, of course, also use beans that you have cooked yourself instead of using canned beans.
- lettuce of your choice
- tomato. Use fresh tomato if tomatoes are in season. If it's not tomato season, use tomato sauce.
- shallot or onion
- guacamole. I make my own homemade guacamole. It's ready in less than 5 minutes and it's super easy to make. It's so quick and easy to make with only 4 ingredients that it's really not worth buying ready made guacamole. Check out my express guacamole recipe.
- powdered cumin
- lemon juice or lime juice
- extra virgin olive oil.
- corn tortilla chips. They are, of course, totally optional but they add a crispy note to this vegan taco bowl. Please note that store bought corn tortilla chips are part of the junk food category. You should only eat them from time to time, certainly not on a daily basis. Also, make sure that they are gluten free before buying them. They should only contain corn, oil and salt. No other ingredients are needed, so make sure they don't contain other additives.
- cheese of your choice. If you are vegan or dairy free, use vegan cheese. If you're not dairy free nor vegan, you can use any kind of cheese you like. As I can't have cow dairy, I use Ossau-Iraty: a sheep cheese from Southwestern France.
See recipe card for quantity.
Other recipes you might like
- French Endive Apple Walnut Salad
- French Leeks Salad
- Pistou soup (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- French Gluten free Buckwheat crepe recipe (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
Taco salad bowl (vegetarian, vegan)
- 200 grams canned kidney beans or canned black beans
- 80 grams lettuce of your choice
- 1 tomato if in season or ½ cup tomato sauce if out of the season
- 1 shallot or ¼ onion
- 3 Tablespoons guacamole (check out my homemade express guacamole recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + 1 teaspoon for the pan
- Pinch of cumin powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 25 grams corn tortilla chips make sure they are gluten free
- 50 grams cheese of your choice If you're vegan or dairy free choose a vegan cheese. If you're not, you can use dairy cheese of your choice.
- Peel and dice the shallot (or onion) and make it sweat with a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Cut the fresh tomato in pieces and add it to the pan. (Use tomato sauce if tomatoes are not in season). Add the kidney beans to the frying pan and a pinch of cumin. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, put the guacamole on one side and add the lettuce next to it.
- Once cooked, transfer the tomato and beans to the salad bowl, next to the lettuce (not on top of it, otherwise it will cook it).
- If you want to add cheese, cut it into small pieces and add them to the bowl. Finally, drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Serve immediately with some corn tortilla chips and voila! Bon appétit!