Here is an easy and very quick no cilantro, no onion vegan guacamole recipe. This delicious 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is ready in 3 minutes!
This vegan guacamole recipe is super simple and fresh. And you will only need 4 ingredients to make it! But don't get me wrong, I know perfectly well that this is not the authentic Mexican guacamole recipe. Not that the authentic recipe is not good. But I don't always have all the ingredients on hand to make a traditional guacamole nor the time to make it.
A few years, I had a perfectly ripe avocado and a sudden guacamole craving. And it was already late and I didn't feel like going to the store to get all the ingredients. So yes, I stripped them from the recipe. And I found out that, in fact, this 4 ingredient guacamole recipe without tomatoes, without onion and without cilantro was actually pretty good. And super quick to prepare. So that's how this recipe became my go-to guacamole recipe.
- Avocados: make sure to pick ripe avocados for the best guacamole
- Powdered cumin: one of my favorite spices.
- Lemon juice: freshly squeezed (better than jarred lemon juice)
- Salt: a pinch of fleur de sel is a must but if you don't have any, you can use regular sea salt.
What can you eat with guacamole?
Guacamole is so versatile you can eat it many different ways:
- You can serve guacamole as a dip for an appetizer.. But now you're probably wondering what to dip in guacamole? Well, of course, corn tortillas. But also vegetable sticks (carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, celery sticks...) or even cherry tomatoes. Or you can dip (gluten free) crackers.
- use it as a taco topping or a filling for a burrito.
- have it in your vegetarian taco bowl.
- spread it on a flat bread to make a wrap.
- and why not just eat it with a spoon? Well that's what I do sometimes.
Other recipes you might like
Healthy vegan 4 ingredient guacamole recipe
- Cut the avocado lengthwise around the seed. Open the two halves to expose the pit. Remove the pit. With a spoon, scoop out the avocado flesh and put the flesh in a bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice in the bowl, over the avocado flesh. Mash it with a fork and then add ground cumin and salt to taste. And voilà!Bon appétit !