It's zucchini season! So if you are looking for an easy and colorful way of using up an abundance of zucchini coming out of your garden or just looking for zucchini recipes, this zucchini bake recipe will be perfect for you.
This recipe is inspired from the French vegetable "tian" recipe which is usually made with pretty much the same ingredients as "ratatouille". So, this is probably the reason why "tian" is wrongly called "ratatouille" by many foreigners.
The difference between "vegetable tian" and "ratatouille" is mainly how vegetables are cooked (in the oven VS stove top) and how beautiful the dish is. "Tian" is all about alternating colours in the baking dish to get something beautiful and colourful. Whereas "ratatouille" is about cutting all your veggies in cubes and throwing them in the pot.
Anyway, however you call it, "tian" or "ratatouille", the original recipe is full of nightshades (that are not AIP compliant). Consequently, I wanted to create a nightshade free version of it.
- green zucchini
- yellow squash / zucchini
- sweet potato
- herbs of Provence
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic clove
- pinch of salt
How to make this
- In a mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, herbs of Provence, garlic and salt.
- Peel the sweet potato. Then slice it, along with zucchini, yellow squash and onion into ¼ inch thick slices.
- In a baking dish, arrange zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato and onion in an alternating pattern (as seen in the photos) until the dish is full.
- Pour the olive oil mix over the vegetables and place into oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft. And voilà! Bon appétit!
Other zucchini recipes
Finally, if you are looking for other ways to use zucchini you can check these recipes:
- Cold zucchini soup (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- Zucchini and pesto muffins (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- Carob zucchini bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Double chocolate zucchini bread (Paleo, vegan)
This zucchini bake recipe has been selected as one of the featured recipes in the “My picks” category from Phoenix Helix Paleo AIP Recipe #331!! 🥰 Thank you!!!