- 2.2 pounds (1kg) potatoes
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pitted black Greek-style olives (these olives have a strong and salty taste that contrasts very well with potatoes)
- Salt to taste
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them roughly.
- Put them in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes according to the size of the potatoes. Prick them with a knife to test if they are cooked: they should be tender. If not, cook them a little longer. Other option: you can cook them in a steamer.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them, transfer them to a large bowl and mash them with a fork then, add the olive oil and the olives cut into pieces.
- Add salt to taste. And voilà! Serve warm.