Here are a selection of natural health resources that might be useful for you. From books, to podcasts and websites, these resources will help you on your natural health journey.
Natural Health Books
The following books are a huge help in educating you about autoimmune disease and natural health. Whether you are just starting your natural health journey or you already know quite a lot, these books should help you.
- The Instinct to Heal: Curing Depression, Anxiety and Stress Without Drugs and Without Talk Therapy by David Servan-Schreiber MD PhD.
- Gut and Weight: From dysbiosis to overweight, From inflammation to obesity by Dr Didier Panizza.
- The Encyclopedia of Ailments and Diseases: How to Heal the Conflicted Feelings, Emotions, and Thoughts at the Root of Illness by Jacques Martel
- The Little Stick Figures Technique for Emotional Self-Healing by Jacques Martel
- The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by Melissa Hartwig Urban and Dallas Hartwig
- Healing Mindset: A Guide to the Mind-Body Connection for People with Autoimmune Disease by Eileen Laird (available in Paperback, Kindle or Pdf ebook)
- A Simple Guide to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol by Eileen Laird (available in Paperback, Kindle or Pdf ebook)
- Reintroducing foods on the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol by Eileen Laird
- Food Saved Me: My Journey of Finding Health and Hope through the Power of Food by Danielle Walker
- The Friendly Baker: A year of easy, delicious, plant-based and allergy-friendly bakes for everyone to enjoy by Lucy Parr.
- Danielle Walker's Healthy in a Hurry: Real Life. Real Food. Real Fast. [A Gluten-Free, Grain-Free & Dairy-Free Cookbook] by Danielle Walker
- Nom Nom Paleo: Let's Go! by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong
- The Autoimmune Protocol Comfort Food Cookbook: 100+ Nourishing Allergen-Free Recipes by Michelle Hoover
- AIP Indian Fusion: 114 Autoimmune Protocol Compliant Recipes With Indian Flavors by Indira Pulliadath
- Healing Kitchen: 175+ Quick & Easy Paleo Recipes to Help You Thrive by Alaena Haber
Self improvement books
Why are self improvement books part of these natural health resources? Because the mind, spirit and body are all connected. So, in order to be healthy, we need to take care of all three. And those self improvement books have had a huge impact on my life so I wanted to share them with you. FYI: those personal development books are in the form of novels. I love personal development novels as I find them super easy to read.
- The Man Who Risked It All by Laurent Gounelle. After being on the verge of committing suicide, Alan embarks on a wild ride of self-discovery. He learns to overcome his deepest fears and self-doubts, face life’s unexpected twists and turns, take crazy risks, and fully accept himself in the process.
- The Man Who Wanted to Be Happy by Laurent Gounelle. Julian, an unhappy schoolteacher decides to meet a renowned local healer in Bali. Through daily sessions at the wise man's house, he begins to identify the source of his unhappiness as a series of simple questions and answers point to his own limiting beliefs and fears.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This is a fable about following our dreams. It teaches us about the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, of recognizing opportunity and learning to read the omens strewn along life's path and to follow our dreams.
- Your Second Life Begins When You Realize You Only Have One by Raphaelle Giordano. A French novel about a woman's journey to lasting joy and true fulfillment. A feel-good story filled with happy-life tips.
If you're looking for additional support or education surrounding autoimmune diseases, chronic illnesses or holistic health, these podcasts are great resources:
- Phoenix Helix Podcast. Check out episode 209 where I get to chat with Eileen and Nicole about preventing autoimmune flares.
- Unleash Your Healing Potential. Check out episode 58 where I get to chat with Lyn about my natural healing journey with ankylosing spondylitis.
- The Real Life Show: Living with a Chronic Illness
- The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman M.D.
For more information about different protocols and elimination diets:
If you're looking for additional testimonials from fellow bloggers with other kinds of health conditions, these other websites are great resources.
- Unbound Wellness
- Heal Me Delicious
- Thriving on Paleo
- The Honest Spoonful
- Danielle Walker
- Nom Nom Paleo
- Go to ShopAIP to buy AIP or Paleo groceries.
- To buy no sugar added, no oil and no juice concentrate dried whole fruits and other superfoods go to Powbab and use the promo code bea10 to get 10% off.
- if you're looking for store bought snacks, make sure to check out my post on Gluten free dairy free snacks.
Gluten free traveling
If you are planning a visit to my hometown (in case you don't know it already, I live in Paris, France), here is a complete guide to eating Gluten free in Paris or book your customized, private Gluten Free Food Tour in Paris.