Want a one serving snack or dessert recipe that is made very quickly? This homemade vegan chocolate chip mug cake is the best way to make yourself a nice treat in just 5 minutes. This delicious mug cake is cooked in 1 minute in a microwave oven.
Jump To / Aller directement à
The best thing about this delicious vegan chocolate chip mug cake is that it is ready in just 5 minutes, cooking time included. So it is the perfect homemade treat for an impatient toddler. I used to make this vegan chocolate chip mug cake with my nephew when he was 2. He loved making it with me and the waiting time while it cooked was not too long for him.
Now, aged 5, this mug cake is still one of my nephew's favorite treats. But he also loves my Almond flour Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, my Flambeed Banana (without alcohol of course) and my Butternut squash chocolate fondant cake.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- One serving dessert.
- Ready in 5 minutes, cooking time included.
- Extremely easy to make.
- Just a few simple steps.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Dark chocolate chips. Make sure to check the ingredients: dark chocolate may contain dairy and/or soy. So make sure it is compliant with your own diet restrictions.
- Whole rice flour. Whole rice flour is also called brown rice flour. This flour has a neutral taste (unlike buckwheat flour which tastes pretty strong) that doesn't cover the other ingredients' taste. If you're not gluten free, you can use your regular all purpose flour.
- Powdered sugar of your choice. You can either use unrefined cane sugar, muscovado, coconut sugar...
- Gluten free baking powder. Again, make sure to check the ingredients before buying your baking powder, as some brands may have gluten in it. So be careful to select gluten free baking powder.
For the full ingredient list and quantities for this vegan chocolate chip mug cake, please see the recipe card.
- Mug. Make sure to select a microwave oven safe mug.
- Microwave oven. To make this vegan chocolate chip mug cake, you will need a microwave oven. Well, I do know that microwave ovens are very controversial when it comes to their impact on our health. But they are very convenient to use and I still haven’t ditch mine for now. So I'm still using it from time to time.
Make sure to use a mug that is big enough as the batter will rise quite a bit during the cooking process. I suggest using an 11-ounce mug for this recipe.
💬 Recipes FAQs
No. I haven't tested it because this recipe has been solely developed to be cooked in the microwave.
The cooking time will vary slightly based on the mug that you use and your microwave. 45 seconds to 1 minute is perfect for me but it will vary slightly for you. So keep a close eye on it.
🍪Other recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Vegan Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- 2 Tablespoons dark chocolate chips (25 g)
- 4 Tablespoons almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons whole rice flour if you're not gluten free, you can use your regular all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar of your choice (unrefined cane sugar, muscovado, coconut sugar...)
- 1 teaspoon (gluten-free) baking powder
- Pour the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons almond milk in a microwave safe mug. Heat the chocolate and almond milk in the microwave oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute (depending on the power of your microwave oven) in order to melt the chocolate. Mix the chocolate and almond milk with a spoon until well combined.
- Add all the other ingredients and the 2 other tablespoons of almond milk. Mix all your ingredients until well combined.
- Put your mug back in the microwave oven and cook it for 30 seconds to 1 minute. And voilà, it’s ready!Bon appétit !
Leave a Reply