This moist double chocolate zucchini bread is a real treat!
Even though I discovered sweet zucchini breads only a few months ago, they are now becoming one of my favorite desserts. And this double chocolate zucchini bread is at the top of my list!
Like I've said before, sweet zucchini breads are absolutely not common here in France. In our culture, zucchini breads are savory (if you want to try this out, you can check my Zucchini and tuna bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo) or Zucchini and pesto muffins (AIP, paleo, vegan) recipes). Because sweet zucchini breads are pretty new here, it has now become a conversation topic in my family. My parents are now telling the whole village about those sweet zucchini breads that I am baking for them when I am around and people are very intrigued.
That's why I love to prank people with this double chocolate zucchini bread. A few months ago, I was invited over for dinner at some friends' and I knew that one of my friend doesn't like zucchini (don't worry I checked before that it was just a dislike not an allergy) so I was very happy to make him eat zucchini without him knowing it. And he loved it, he had a second serve before knowing there was zucchini in it. Then we had a great laugh together. 😂 I also like to do this prank on kids who say they don't like vegetables.
But don't get me wrong, even though zucchini is one of the ingredients, this double chocolate zucchini bread is still a treat. So don't eat tons of it.
- grated zucchini : try to use organic zucchini as we are leaving the skin on it (don't peel it).
- almond flour : if you are intolerant to almonds, you can use tigernut flour instead. If you don't know what tigernut flour is and want to learn more about it you can click here.
- dark chocolate chips : make sure to use compliant chocolate chips
- cacao powder : make sure to use unsweetened cacao powder
- arrowroot: it is a starch. You can replace it with tapioca flour/starch, both are paleo compliant. And if you are not on a paleo diet, you can either use corn starch or potato starch.
- maple syrup
- extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- apple cider vinegar
- baking soda
Other sweet zucchini bread you might want to try
You can also try my now quite popular Carob zucchini bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo) recipe.