This chocolate chip pumpkin bread made with almond flour is vegan, gluten free and paleo!
I created this chocolate chip pumpkin bread while I was spending time with my family for the holidays. Best thing about this was that I had many testers to give me their honest opinion on this new recipe. And what better testers than 2 extremely picky 2 year old twin boys?
Well, believe me I was not expecting what happened. First of all, they ate more of it than I even did as an adult (forget about kid portions). And they literally cried their eyes out when the bread was finished! Then they went and stole their older brother's plate which had some bread crumbs on it and they started licking it!!🤣🤣🤣🤣 Well I had my answer: this almond flour pumpkin bread recipe is definitely worth being published.
- Pumpkin purée
- Almond flour : If you are intolerant / allergic to almonds, you can swap 1:1 almond flour with tigernut flour. If you don't know what tigernut flour is and want to learn about it click here.
- Arrowroot : it is a starch. If you are not cassava intolerant, you can substitute it with tapioca starch (also called tapioca flour). Other possible substitutions, only if you are not on the Paleo diet: you can use potato starch or corn starch instead of arrowroot.
- Maple syrup : If you want to reduce the maple syrup quantity in this recipe, I suggest replacing it by same quantity of oil of your choice.
- Dark chocolate chips : choose carefully your dark chocolate chips by checking their ingredients according to your own diet restrictions. If you don't have ready made chocolate chips, do not hesitate to make your own homemade chocolate chips by simply cutting a chocolate bar into pieces with a knife.
- Oil of your choice : I either use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spices: choose according to your own intolerances and taste
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Baking soda
How to make this
- In a blender combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, lemon juice (or ACV) and vanilla. Blend until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Then add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Line or lightly oil a rectangular 4 x 8 inches (10 x 20 cm) baking tin and transfer the batter into the tin. Then sprinkle the extra chocolate chips on top of the batter to decorate. Bake per instructions.
Can you freeze it ?
Yes, you can freeze it. Once this pumpkin bread is cooked, allow it to cool completely at room temperature on a plate or wire rack. Once cool, you can freeze it.
Other pumpkin recipes you might also like
If you are looking for other recipes using pumpkin you can check the following recipes :
CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD (GF, PALEO, VEGAN)
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 150 g almond flour (if you can't have almonds, you can use tigernut flour)
- 150 g dark chocolate chips (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
- 50 g arrowroot (see notes about substitutions)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup (see notes if you want to reduce quantity)
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil or other oil of your choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 360° F (180° C)
- In a blender combine the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, lemon juice (or ACV) and vanilla. Blend until combined.Pumpkin purée in a blender
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, arrow root, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until well combined. Then add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Line or lightly oil a rectangular 4 x 8 inches (10 x 20 cm) baking tin and transfer the batter into the tin. Then sprinkle the extra chocolate chips on top of the batter to decorate
- Bake for about 35 minutes. To make sure that it is cooked, insert a thin bladed knife into the centre of the pumpkin bread, the knife should come out with only chocolate on it. Wait for the pumpkin bread to cool down before removing from the tin. And voilà! Bon appétit !