An easy and super fast dessert or snack for one! This homemade vegan vanilla mug cake is the best way to make yourself a nice treat in just 5 minutes. This delicious mug cake is cooked in 1 minute in a microwave oven.
One of the hardest thing when I started living by myself was that many recipes are sized for families. I could hardly bake myself a whole cake! So I was super excited when I discovered mug cakes.
Even though it was many years ago I remember that day very clearly. As I was in a book store, I saw this coookbook about one serving cakes that were made in 5 minutes, cooking time included! It felt like I had won the lottery.
So when I found out that I had to go gluten, dairy and egg free I decided I had to create mug cake recipes.
The quantities in this recipe are meant for a mini mug cake (a kid's serving size or an adult who wants a small treat). If you want a bigger mug cake, do not hesitate to double the quantities.
- non dairy yogurt. I usually use coconut yogurt as they are my favorite and I almost always have some in my fridge. But you can use any kind of non dairy yogurt. You can even use dairy yogurt if you can tolerate dairy and, of course, if you're not vegan.
- whole rice flour. This flour has a neutral taste (unlike buckwheat flour which taste is pretty strong) that doesn't cover the other ingredient's taste.
- almond flour
- maple syrup
- gluten free baking powder. Make sure to check the ingredients before buying your baking powder, as some brands may have gluten in it.
- vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
How to make this
To make this vegan vanilla mug cake, you will need a microwave oven. Well, I do know that microwave ovens are very controversial when it comes to their impact on our health. But they are very convenient to use and I still haven’t ditch mine for now. So I'm still using it from time to time.
Then, add all the other ingredients. Whisk the mixture with your fork until well combined.
Put your mug in the microwave oven and cook it for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Voilà! It’s ready! Optional: you can add a little bit of cacao powder or cinnamon on top of your mug cake to decorate it. Serve immediately. Bon appétit!
Other dessert or snack recipes you might like
- Mini chocolate mug cake (gluten free, vegan)
- Healthy banana snack (Paleo, vegan)
- Fudgy chocolate cake (gluten free, nut free, vegan)
- Coconut free Banana bread (AIP, paleo, vegan)
Vegan vanilla mug cake (gluten free)
- Add yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a microwave safe mug. Mix the ingredients with a fork.
- Then add all the other ingredients. Whisk the mixture with your fork until well combined.
- Put your mug in the microwave oven and cook it for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Voilà! It’s ready! Optional: you can add a little bit of cacao powder or cinnamon on top of your mug cake to decorate it. Serve immediately.Bon appétit !