This super easy fudgy chocolate cake literally melts into the mouth. It is healthy and deliciously chocolatey!
If you struggle to make your kids eat more vegetables, here is a recipe with which they will eat butternut squash without noticing it! lol
Ingredients for this fudgy chocolate cake
- cooked and peeled butternut squash : if you are wondering what is a butternut squash or how to cook it, you learn all about it here.
- dark chocolate chips
- powdered unrefined sugar (muscovado, coconut sugar...)
- gluten free flour. My personal favorite to use for this recipe (and many others) is whole rice flour thanks to its neutral flavor. Rice flour is also one of the most affordable gluten free flours, even though, it is still way more expensive than regular flour.
- coconut oil
How to make this fudgy chocolate cake
- Put the butternut squash in a blender and process until you get a homogeneous puree.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice flour and sugar. Then add the butternut puree and melted chocolate. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Grease a 7 inches / 18 cm diameter tin with coconut oil and transfer the batter to the tin.
- Put it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, and voilà! Let it cool down before removing from the tin. And voilà! You can serve. Bon appétit!
How to meal prep this?
Simply roast (or steam cook) a whole butternut squash and then store it in the fridge once it is cooked and cooled down. Then you can use this cooked butternut squash for many recipes like this fudgy chocolate cake or for a delicious Butternut Squash Breakfast Bowl (AIP, paleo, vegan) or for a fresh salad like this Butternut squash and chickpeas salad (gluten free) or this Butternut squash salad (whole30, paleo, vegan);
Can I freeze it?
Yes! You can freeze this fudgy chocolate cake. Let it cool down completely before puting it in your freezer. Get it out of the freezer in advance and let it thaw naturally.