This healthy banana snack is definitely one of my favorite recipes. It is extremely easy to prepare, takes no time at all and it is delicious.
Well, the best thing about this recipe is that it requires only 3 ingredients that are easy to have on hand. I make this recipe whenever I have a craving for something sweet, either as a snack or a dessert. For this super easy and quick recipe, you will need:
- fresh banana
- sliced blanched almonds (flaked almonds). They add a touch of crunchiness to this delicious banana snack.
- dark chocolate chips or bars : make sure to check the ingredients in order to choose compliant dark chocolate. Yes, I've found out that even dark chocolate can sometimes contain milk!
How to make this
- Heat a small pan on medium high heat. Add almonds in a single layer and roast them for a few minutes (until they get a golden color)
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate (read below to know how).
- Peel the banana and slice it. Put the banana slices in a bowl. Pour the melted chocolate on the banana and add the roasted flaked almonds on top. Voilà! You've just made a healthy banana snack that is now ready to be served. Bon appétit!
How to melt chocolate (2 ways)
How to melt chocolate in microwave
- Place the chocolate chips (or chocolate bar cut in pieces) in a microwave safe bowl.
- Then add about a teaspoon of water or non dairy milk of your choice (almond milk, coconut milk...).
- Then cook in the microwave oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute (depending on how powerful you microwave is). Whisk the chocolate with a spoon and voilà!
How to melt chocolate on stove
Fill a pan halfway with water. Heat the pan of water until it's simmering.
- Fill a pan halfway with water. Heat the pan of water until it's simmering.
- Place the chocolate chips (or chocolate bar cut in pieces) in a heat proof bowl. This bowl needs to be smaller than the pan.
- Then place this bowl in the pan of water.
- Let the bowl of chocolate sit over the pan of barely simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
This method is called a bain marie.