When the weather heats up, this cold zucchini soup is perfect for something a little lighter to serve for lunch and dinner. You can whip up this nightshade free tasty soup for yourself, your family or your friends during the summer months. This cold soup will soon become your new summertime staple.
Ever had a giant zucchini in your garden that you just didn't know what to do with? Well, here is an idea of what you can do with it : a delicious cold zucchini soup! Of course if, like me, you don't have a garden (no danger for me to have a giant zucchini on my Parisian balcony lol!) you can still make this soup with store bought zucchini.
Although I absolutely love Gazpacho, my body doesn't love it as much as I do. In my opinion, this cold zucchini soup is a great nightshade free alternative to Gazpacho for a refreshing starter in summer time.
How to make this soup
- Give the zucchini a rince under cold water, cut out the ends and slice it before putting it in the basket of your steamer. Cook it for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Once the zucchini is cooked and it has cooled down a bit, transfer it to a blender with the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, basil leaves and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl and store it in the fridge for a couple of hours so that it gets cold. Then serve. Voilà! Bon appétit!
Other zucchini recipes
If you want more zucchini recipes, you can check the following recipes :
- colorful side dish : Zucchini bake (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- savory bread or muffins : Zucchini and tuna bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo) and Zucchini and pesto muffins (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- delicious dessert : Carob zucchini bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo) and Double chocolate zucchini bread (Paleo, vegan)
- fresh pressed juice : Zucchini and apple juice
This cold zucchini soup recipe has been selected as one of the featured recipes in the “My picks” category from Phoenix Helix Paleo AIP Recipe #333!! 🥰 Thank you!!!