When the weather heats up, this cold zucchini soup is perfect for something a little lighter and refreshing to serve for lunch or dinner. This healthy soup is super easy to make and flavorful.
Jump To / Aller directement à
You can whip up this nightshade free tasty soup for yourself, your family or your friends during the summer months. This cold zucchini soup will soon become your new summertime staple.
Ever had a giant zucchini in your garden that you just didn't know what to do with? Well, here is an idea of what you can do with it : a delicious cold zucchini soup! Of course if, like me, you don't have a garden (no danger for me to have a giant zucchini on my Parisian balcony lol!) you can still make this soup with store bought zucchini.
Although I absolutely love Gazpacho, my body doesn't love it as much as I do. In my opinion, this cold zucchini soup is a great nightshade free alternative to traditional Gazpacho for a refreshing (gluten free) starter in summer time.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- This cold zucchini soup is refreshing.
- A nightshade free "gazpacho" (which means that it doesn't contain tomato).
- It makes a perfect healthy summer starter.
- A delicious way to use up some zucchini (even the giant ones).
- This recipe happens to be vegetarian, vegan, paleo, whole30, and AIP compliant but nobody will notice.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Zucchini. Also called courgette, zucchini is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. This summer squash is very versatile.
- Extra virgin olive oil. In my opinion, extra virgin olive oil and basil make the best team ever. their flavors are perfect together. That's why I'm using extra virgin olive oil to add some delicious flavor to this cold soup.
- Apple cider vinegar. It will give a nice kick to your cold zucchini soup. Do not hesitate to adjust the quantity to taste.
- Basil. For this recipe, you will need fresh basil. If you don't have any, you can also use frozen basil. I don't recommend using dry basil for this cold zucchini soup recipe. And if you end up with some basil leftovers, you can make my Basil pesto without pine nuts.
For the quantities and complete list of ingredients for this cold zucchini soup, please see the recipe below.
To make this cold zucchini soup, you will need a high-powered blender like my favorite Vitamix. If you're looking for more refreshing recipes to make with your blender, you can check my 20 Vitamix ice cream recipe roundup.
🥣 Step by step instructions
Give the zucchini a rince under cold water, cut out the stems and slice it before putting it in the basket of your steamer. Cook it for about 10 minutes or until tender.
Once the zucchini is cooked and it has cooled down a bit, transfer it to a high-powered blender with the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, basil leaves and salt. Blend until smooth.
Transfer the soup to a bowl and store it in the fridge for a couple of hours so that it gets cold. Then serve. Voilà! Bon appétit!
Serve this cold zucchini soup in stemless wine glasses and decorate with basil leaves for an elegant summer party appetizer.
💬 Recipe FAQs
No. First of all, there is no need to peel zucchini. But most importantly, you shouldn't peel zucchini. Because the skin harbors the highest levels of antioxidants. And for this soup, the dark green skin will contribute to give your cold soup it's beautiful green color. Last but not least, you will spend less time in the kitchen to prepare your meal. All the more reason to leave the skin on!
Transfer your soup to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Yes. You can make it ahead of time. follow the storage instructions.
🍲 Other zucchini recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Cold Zucchini Soup
- Give the zucchini a rince under cold water, cut out the stems and slice it before putting it in the basket of your steamer. Cook it for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Once the zucchini is cooked and it has cooled down a bit, transfer it to a high-powered blender. Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, basil leaves and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl and store it in the fridge for a couple of hours so that it gets cold. Then serve. Voilà!Bon appétit!