This Beetroot Carpaccio is a super easy to make and healthy recipe. This summer salad recipe which uses raw beetroot and a balsamic vinegar based dressing makes the perfect fresh starter or side dish.
Jump To / Aller directement à
I’ve just spent a few days at my parents' where the garden was bursting with enormous beetroots. So I decided to make the most of it and create all types of recipes using beetroot. But I think my favorite one is the simplest one : beetroot carpaccio.
This starter or side dish is crazy easy to make and super flavorful. It makes a perfect side dish to bring to a potluck or to serve with your favorite grilled dish. French leek salad, French apple carrot salad and French endive apple walnut salad are also great options.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- You will love the sweetness of this salad.
- This recipe is extremely easy to prepare and takes no time at all.
- You will love its vibrant color.
- This beet salad is vegan, paleo, whole30 and AIP compliant.
🧾What is beetroot carpaccio?
Carpaccio is an Italian dish of thinly sliced beef meat. So the word carpaccio is used worldwide to name all kinds of raw dishes. So, as you might have guessed, beetroot carpaccio is a salad made with raw beetroot.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Raw beetroot. If you want to know everything about beetroots, from the garden to the plate, and what to do with the leaves you can check my complete guide to beetroot.
For the salad dressing
- Oil. My personal favorite for this recipe is extra virgin olive oil. But you can use any other oil of your choice.
- Balsamic vinegar. Check the ingredients of the Balsamic vinegar to make sure it is compliant with your diet restrictions. You can also use apple cider vinegar.
- Chopped parsley. beetroot and parsley pair very well. The best way to go here is to use fresh parsley. If you don't have any, you can use frozen parsley or skip it completely.
- Fleur de sel. If you don't know what fleur de sel is, you can read my article What is fleur de sel. If you don't have any fleur de sel, you can use Maldon sea salt or regular sea salt.
See recipe card for quantities and full ingredient list for this beetroot carpaccio.
I recommend using a mandolin slicer to make this beetroot carpaccio.
👩🏻🍳Tips to prepare the beetroot
- Peel the raw beetroot thoroughly. Then rinse it under cold water to make sure to remove all the dirt.
- Using a mandolin slicer will make it easier and quicker to very thinly slice your raw beetroot. But be extremely careful not to hurt your fingers while using it. If you don't have a slicer, you can use a sharp knife and a cutting board. It will just be trickier and will take more time. But it is doable.
💬 Recipe FAQs
Yes. You can prepare your beetroot carpaccio the day before. The more it will soak in the vinegar and olive oil, the more tender and sweeter it will be.
You can store this beet salad in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
🍽Other beetroot recipes
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
- 200 g raw beetroot (0.44 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (or other oil of your choice)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Pinch of fleur de sel or sea salt
- Peel the beetroot. Rince it under cold water to make sure you remove all the dirt. Using a mandolin slicer, very finely slice it (maximum 1mm thick).
- Place the beetroot slices on a plate and drizle with the vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the parsley on top. And voilà! You can either eat this carpaccio right away or put it in the fridge and eat it the next day when the beetroot will have tenderized thanks to the dressing.Bon appétit !
Leave a Reply