This beetroot carpaccio is a super easy to make and healthy recipe. This salad recipe which uses raw beetroot and a balsamic vinegar based dressing makes the perfect fresh starter.
I’ve just spent a few days at my parents' where the garden was bursting with enormous beetroots. So I decided to make the most of it and create all types of recipes using beetroot. So here is a beetroot carpaccio recipe.
Carpaccio is an italian dish of thinly sliced beef meat. So in French we use the carpaccio word for all kinds of raw dishes. So, as you might have guessed, this recipe uses raw beetroot.
If you want to know everything about beetroots, from the garden to the plate, and what to do with the leaves you can check my beetroot for beginners article.
Ingredients for this beetroot carpaccio
- raw beetroot
- extra virgin olive oil (or other oil of your choice)
- balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- chopped parsley
- pinch of salt
How to make this beetroot carpaccio
- Peel the beetroot. Rince it under cold water to make sure you remove all the dirt. Using a mandolin slicer (technically, you can also use a knife but it will be tricky), very finely slice it (maximum 1mm thick).
- Place the beetroot slices on a plate and drizle with the vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the parsley on top. And voilà! You can either eat this carpaccio right away or put it in the fridge and eat it the next day when the beetroot will have tenderized thanks to the dressing. Bon appétit !
Other beetroot recipes
You can also check my Beetroot and carrot juice recipe
Or, if you'd rather eat cooked beetroot, you can also check these:
- Beetroot chips (AIP, paleo, vegan) for a crunchy snack
- Beetroot and Feta salad (gluten free, vegetarian) for a salad using cooked beetroot
The recipe for this beetroot carpaccio has been shared on : Phoenix Helix Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable.