Classic chicken noodle soup that will leave you feeling so satisfied and so warm. Perfect for any time of the year!
This chicken noodle soup is another one of my go-to recipes. I love the flavors and the fact that you have everything (meat, vegetables, herbs, onions) in just one pot.
A homemade easy to make chicken noodle soup perfect for any day of the week! You will be craving this soup made from scratch often!
I make this hearty and flavourful soup anytime of the year, not just during winter. It is so comforting!
- chicken leg quarters : make sure to use bone-in chicken thighs or legs. The darker meats and the bones provide a stronger taste compared to chicken breasts. It also means that it will take a little longer than usual for the chicken to cook through but it’s absolutely worth the extra cooking time.
- sweet potato : you can either use white or orange sweet potatoes
- rice vermicelli (if you are on AIP or paleo diets replace with sweet potato glass noodles or omit completely)
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped tarragon : you can either use fresh or frozen tarragon
- chopped parsley : again you can use fresh or frozen parsley
- salt to taste
This soup can be made and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
If you are not planning on enjoying the soup straight away you might want to hold off on adding the noodles. As the soup sits, the noodles soak up the broth.
When making the soup ahead of time, leave the noodles out. When you are ready to eat your soup, reheat it. Once the soup is hot, add the dried noodles and cook until they are done.
Other chicken recipes
- Chicken kabobs (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Coconut chicken curry (AIP, paleo, whole30)
- Chicken muffins (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Coconut free chicken curry (AIP, paleo)
This chicken noodle soup recipe has been selected as one of the featured recipes in the “My picks” category from Phoenix Helix Paleo AIP Recipe #347!! 🤩 Thank you!!!