This mango and avocado salad with shrimp is the easiest holiday appetizers or starter! This salad is the perfect blend of salty and sweet. It's paleo, AIP and a total showstopper.
This fancy looking salad has holidays (or any celebratory feast) written all over it. Think Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter, Birthdays, Showers, any kind of celebrations. This dish is great for any cocktail party when you want to put out elegant appetizers to impress.
Best thing about this mango and avocado salad with shrimp is that it looks gourmet and fancy but it's super easy and simple!
- Shrimp cooked and peeled
- Pomegranate arils/seeds. If you need to know how to remove the arils from a pomegranate you can watch this video.
- Cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Sea salt
See recipe card for quantities.
Salad preparation tips
Make sure to cut all the ingredients into bite-sized pieces. The point is to be able to eat this salad (either seated at a table or standing) with only one piece of cutlery (spoon or fork).
If you want to prepare this delicious mango and avocado salad several hours ahead of time, store it in the fridge. I recommend storing it in an airtight container. Right before serving, toss the salad again and transfer it into coupe glasses. Serve with one piece of cutlery.
How to serve this salad to make it fancy
The secret to instantly transform this very simple and super easy salad into "fancy appetizers to impress" is to serve it in beautiful glasses. Believe me, if you serve it in a large salad bowl, you won't get the same "wow effect". So really, it's worth it!
Here I'm using, coupe glasses but you can use any kind of glasses. Just pick the most beautiful ones you have on hand. Same with the cutlery: select your best looking forks or spoons to serve it with. I recommend using small cutlery.
Other holiday recipes
- Shrimp salad (AIP, paleo, whole30)
- Bacon wrapped prunes (AIP, paleo, whole30)
- Dutch oven pork tenderloin with orange (AIP, paleo, whole30)
Mango and avocado salad with shrimp (paleo, AIP)
- 100 grams mango peel and seed removed
- 100 grams avocado peel and seed removed
- 100 grams shrimp cooked and peeled
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate arils /seeds
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cut mango, avocado and shrimp into bite-sized pieces and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add one tablespoon pomegranate arils to the bowl along with the lemon juice, oil and sea salt. Toss to coat.
- Right before serving, toss again if you have stored the salad in the fridge and transfer it into 2 coupe glasses (or any other glasses of your choice). Garnish with the rest of pomegranate arils. And voilà! Bon appétit!