With a combination of zucchini, apples and mint, this zucchini and apple juice is both refreshing and full of vitamins.
I came up with this zucchini and apple juice 2 years ago when we had to face an enormous abundance of zucchini in my parents' garden. At first it was exciting to eat zucchini in many different ways. But at some point, after many days of eating them "matin, midi et soir" as we say in French (which litteraly means "morning, midday and night"), I was looking for something different. As it happens, my parents also have tons of apples in their garden. So there was my idea: zucchini and apple juice!
Ingredients for this zucchini and apple juice
- fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes to taste
- optional : fresh ginger
How to make this zucchini and apple juice
To make this recipe, you will need a juicer.
- Depending on the size of the chute of your juicer, you might need to roughly chop the apples and zucchini. If they are organic, don't peel them. If they are not organic, I recommend peeling them before juicing.
- Place the apples into the chute of the juicer. Pack the mint leaves really tight together and add them into the juicer, followed by the optional ginger and zucchini. It is important to put the zucchini after the mint and ginger as it will help mixing them to the juice.
How to store this zucchini and apple juice
To make sure that the vitamins and nutrients do not get altered, you should drink this freshly squeezed juice in the hours following the making of it.
However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
Other zucchini recipes
If you are looking for other recipes using zucchini, you can try the following recipes :
- for a colourful side dish, you can check my Zucchini bake (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- for a savory bread recipe, you can try my Zucchini and tuna bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- for savory muffins you can try my Zucchini and pesto muffins (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- for a healthy and fresh lunch or dinner you can check my Zucchini noodles with pesto (gluten free, paleo)
- for a delicious dessert you can try my Carob zucchini bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)