This stove top carrot and coconut soup is perfect for a healthy week night dinner. It's easy and quick to prepare.
This carrot and coconut soup is one of my go-to recipes. I make it when I don't want to do the groceries, don't want to spend much time in the kitchen to prepare my meal and don't really know what to eat. I kind of almost always have all the ingredients in my fridge and cupboard and what I love, is that while it cooks I can go do something else. Me? A lazy bird? Lol
This soup can either be served as a starter or a main dish (you will just have to modulate the quantities). I also sometimes put it in an isothermal container and take it to the office for my lunch. Hope you will enjoy it.
- coconut oil (or oil of your choice if you don't have any coconut oil on hand)
- coconut milk : make sure to choose additive free coconut milk. It should only contain coconut and water.
- salt to taste
How to make this soup
In the meantime, peel and slice the carrots in coins.
Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Then add the coconut milk right before serving (whisk with a spoon in order to combine the coconut milk and the water), add salt to taste and voilà. Bon appétit !
Other soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Pistou soup (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- Cold zucchini soup (AIP, paleo, vegan)
Carrot and coconut soup (AIP, paleo, whole30, vegan)
- 1 onion
- 5 carrots medium
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 500 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Peel and slice the onion in tiny pieces and make it sweat (see notes for meaning) with the coconut oil in a Dutch oven.
- In the meantime, peel and slice the carrots in coins.
- Add them to the Dutch oven. Pour the water over this mix. Cover the Dutch oven.
- Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Then add the coconut milk right before serving (whisk with a spoon in order to combine the coconut milk and the water), add salt to taste and voilà.Bon appétit !