Try zucchini noodles with pesto for a fresh and easy summer side dish. It's simple, healthy and can either be made for one or for a crowd.
How to make zucchini noodles
Zucchini noodles (also called zoodles) with pesto are easy to make. Although you will need a spiralizer to make them. I'm totally in love with this tool! So much that I bought one for my mother as a surprise gift so she could use up some of the zucchini from the garden.
Cut the ends off the zucchini and slice the zuchini with the spiralizer. It will create "zucchini noodles". But don't get me wrong, even though, they are called "noodles", they are not real noodles. It's just that the zucchini is cut in a way that look like noodles.
How to cook zucchini noodles
First of all, you can totally eat them raw! But if you want to cook them, here is how to do it.
Heat a wok or a large frying pan on high heat (no need to add any oil). Once it is hot, place the zoodles there. Cook for 2 minutes while tossing just to heat them up. Then transfer zucchini noodles to a bowl.
Don't let them cook more than 2 minutes or they will start loosing their water, get all mushy and loose their noodle aspect.
Ingredients for this recipe
- cherry tomatoes
- pesto: you can either use parsley pesto or basil pesto (click on the links to see my recipes).
- Optional (only if you are not paleo nor vegan and if you can tolerate it): a few cubes of goat cheese
Other zucchini recipes
As my parents often have an abundance of zucchini in their garden, I have created quite a few zucchini recipes. From savory recipes to desserts and drinks!
Savory zucchini recipes
- Zucchini and pesto muffins (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- Cold zucchini soup (AIP, paleo, vegan)
- Zucchini and tuna bread (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Zucchini bake (AIP, paleo, vegan)
Dessert zucchini recipes
Zucchini noodles with pesto (gluten free, paleo)
Optional (only if you are not paleo nor vegan and if you can tolerate it)
- ¼ cup goat cheese cut into cubes
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan on high heat (no need to add any oil), once it is hot, place the zucchini noodles there. Cook for 2 minutes while tossing. Then transfer zucchini noodles to a bowl.
- Add pesto to the bowl. Toss until zucchini noodles are well coated. Top with cherry tomatoes and optional goat cheese. And voilà! Serve immediately.Bon appétit !