Have you ever tried juicing with zucchini? Well, with a combination of zucchini, apples and mint, this zucchini and apple juice is both refreshing and full of vitamins.
I came up with this zucchini and apple juice 2 years ago when we had to face an enormous abundance of zucchini in my parents' garden. At first it was exciting to eat zucchini in many different ways. But at some point, after many days of eating them "matin, midi et soir" as we say in French (which litteraly means "morning, midday and night"), I was looking for something different. So I thought I would do a little bit of juicing with all those zucchini. As it happens, my parents also have tons of apples in their garden. So there was my idea: zucchini and apple juice!
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Juicing zucchini is a delicious way to use up some zucchini.
- This zucchini and apple juice is refreshing.
- Easy to make.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Apples. I recommend using sweet apples like Fuji, Royal Gala or Golden Delicious. If possible, use organic apples in order to avoid having to peel them. As you might have guessed, I recommend peeling them if they are not organic.
- Zucchini. Try to use organic zucchini if possible. You won't need to peel them if they are organic and your juice will get a nice green color. If they are not organic, I recommend peeling them before juicing.
- Mint. For this recipe, you will need fresh mint leaves.
- Ice cubes to taste.
- Optional : fresh ginger. If you want to give your zucchini and apple juice a spicy kick, you can add a piece of ginger.
To make this recipe, you will need a juicer.
🥤 Step by step instructions
- Depending on the size of the chute of your juicer, you might need to roughly chop the apples and zucchini.
- Place the apples into the chute of the juicer. Pack the mint leaves really tight together and add them into the juicer, followed by the optional ginger and zucchini. It is important to put the zucchini after the mint and ginger as it will help mixing them to the juice.
It is important to put the mint leaves and ginger in your juicer between the apples and zucchini in order to juice them correctly. If you put them at the end, it won't work properly.
💬 Frequently Asked Questions
To make sure that the vitamins and nutrients do not get altered, you should drink this freshly squeezed juice in the hours following the making of it.
However, if you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
🍲 Other recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5 star rating on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Juicing with zucchini : zucchini and apple juice
- 0.4 pounds apples (200 g)
- 1.1 pound zucchini (500 g)
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves (a handful)
- Ice cubes to taste
- 1 small ( about 0.5 inch) piece of fresh ginger
- Depending on the size of the chute of your juicer, you might need to roughly chop the apples and zucchini. If they are organic, don't peel them. If they are not organic, I recommend peeling them before juicing.
- Place the apples into the chute of the juicer. Pack the mint leaves really tight together and add them into the juicer, followed by the optional ginger and zucchini.
- Stir the juice and then pour over ice. And voilà! Serve immediately.