- 7 oz (200g) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup (200ml) coconut milk
- 0.9 pounds (400g) pears
- 1 Tbsp starch of your choice (corn starch, potato starch or arrow root)
- 1-2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 store bought gluten-free pie crust
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C)
- Peel the pears, remove the seeds and cut them in quarters.
- Roll out the pie crust in a 27cm/10.6in diameter pie tin. Prick the pie with a fork to prevent it from inflating. Put it for 10 minutes in the oven to precook it.
- In the meantime, put the chocolate chips in a saucepan and make it melt with the coconut milk. Once the chocolate is melted, add the starch and stir . Let it cook for 5 minutes while still stirring.
- Spread the chocolate mix over the pie crust. Add the pears on top of the chocolate. Sprinkle a little bit of sugar over the pears to give them a golden color. Put the pie in the oven for 20-25 minutes. And voilà! Let it cool and serve.