If, like me, you like colorful food, this fall, you might want to try this butternut squash and chickpea salad for a healthy gluten free and vegetarian lunch or dinner.
You can either make this for one serving (as the recipe below) or make this for a crowd. To make it easier for you to prepare for any number of servings, you can use the adjustable servings function on the recipe.
Ingredients for this butternut squash and chickpea salad
- baby spinach or other lettuce of your choice
- roasted butternut squash (click here to know what is a butternut squash and how to roast it)
- Feta cheese
- canned chickpeas. Don't throw away the water contained in the can, check out my delicious Chocolate mousse (gluten free, vegan) recipe to use it.
- fresh cilantro leaves or basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make this salad
Click here to know what is a butternut squash and how to roast it.
- Once the butternut squash is roasted and cooled down, cut it into bite sized pieces. Personally I peel the skin off the butternut, but you can eat it if you want. Put the butternut pieces in a large bowl.
- Do the same thing with the Feta cheese and add all the other ingredients. Mix well. And voilà! Bon appétit !
How to meal prep this butternut squash and chickpea salad?
I don't know if I can actually call this meal prepping as I am not familiar with it. But anyway, this is how I organize myself to do this, in order to make it quicker.
When I have a butternut squash, I simply roast it and then store it in the fridge once it is roasted and cooled down. Then I use the roasted butternut squash for many recipes.
Other butternut squash recipes
Once I have roasted a buttenut suqash, I use it to make the following recipes: