This butternut squash breakfast bowl will be perfect for those who like a healthy, sweet and filling breakfast.
You will probably hear me saying this multiple times but for me, breakfast has become the most challenging meal since I started this diet. One day, I had some leftover cooked butternut squash and I just came up with this butternut squash breakfast bowl.
This recipe is pretty versatile. So you can of course modify the fruits used on this recipe according to the season and to what you have on hand. You can also use less fruit if you have to watch your fruit intake.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAKFAST BOWL
- cooked butternut squash (Click here if you need to know what is a butternut squash and how to cook it).
- non-dairy milk (I often use coconut milk)
- half a banana
- blueberries (fresh if in season or frozen)
- dried cranberries or raisins : make sure to choose compliant cranberries or raisins as they can contain additives
- optional : shredded coconut to sprinkle on top of the bowl
- optional : maple syrup
HOW TO MEAL PREP THIS BUTTERNUT SQUASH BREAKFAST BOWL?
I don't know if I can actually call this meal prepping as I am not familiar with it. But anyway, this is how I organize myself to do this, in order to make it quicker.
When I have a butternut squash, I simply roast it and then store it in the fridge once it is roasted and cooled down. Then I use the roasted butternut squash for many recipes.
OTHER BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPES
Once I have roasted a buttenut suqash, I use it to make the following recipes: