This delicious and healthy butternut squash salad is perfect for a lunch box meal. This colourful salad is filling and full of vitamins.
This butternut squash salad is one of my favorite to bring in my lunch box at work. And each time I do so, one of my colleagues exclaims "oh! what a beautiful salad!". And let's be honest, I'm always happy to hear that. Especially since I started this diet which is seen by many people as boresom.
You can either serve this as a main dish or a starter according to quantities.
Ingredients for this salad
- baby spinach or lettuce of your choice
- dried cranberries : don't forget to check in the ingredients of the dried cranberries.
- roasted butternut squash (click here to know what is a butternut squash and how to roast it)
- apple cider vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make it
- Cut the butternut squash into bite sized pieces (personally I peel the skin but you can eat it if you want). Put them in a large bowl.
- Do the same thing with the half apple and add all the other ingredients. Mix well. And voilà! Bon appétit !
How to meal prep this butternut squash salad?
I don't know if I can actually call this meal preping as I am not familiar with it. But anyway, this is how I organize myself to do this, in order to make it quicker.
When I have a butternut squash, I simply roast it and then store it in the fridge.
Then I use the roasted butternut squash for many recipes like this salad or my Butternut squash and chickpeas salad (gluten free) but also for a delicious Butternut Squash Breakfast Bowl (AIP, paleo, vegan) or even this Fudgy chocolate cake (gluten free, nut free, vegan).