Here is an AIP compliant, coconut free, carob frosting to put on top of any cake. You can also totally eat this AIP carob frosting all by itself as a simple pudding.
Jump To / Aller directement à
📖 Ingredient notes
I'm giving you some proportions but keep in mind that you should modulate those according to your own taste.
To make this AIP carob frosting, you will need :
- Sweet potato puree. For this recipe, you will need orange sweet potatoes. This recipe won't work as well with white or purple sweet potatoes.
- Carob powder. Carob powder is an AIP compliant substitute for cocoa powder. It tastes slightly like caramel. If you like carob, you will want to try my AIP Tapioca Carob Pudding or my AIP Pear and carob tart.
- Maple syrup. Make sure to use pure maple syrup.
🥣 Step by step instructions
- In a blender combine the sweet potato, carob and maple syrup. Taste and adjust carob and maple syrup according to taste.
- Frost your cake with this and voilà! Bon appétit!
🔪 About the sweet potato puree
To make sweet potato puree, you can either :
- use a steamer (my personal favorite) : peel and slice the sweet potatoes. Put them in your steamer and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until they are soft.
- use an oven : use a fork to pierce several holes into the sweet potatoes, then place them on a baking dish and cook in the oven for about 1 hour at 400°F (205°C) or until they are soft. Then slice them down the middle and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skin.
- use a microwave-oven : use the same process as with the oven, then place them on a microwave-oven safe dish and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are soft.
Whichever way you decide to cook your sweet potatoes, once they are cooked and cooled down, just add them to your blender with the other ingredients of this recipe.
To save some time, I cook a large quantity of sweet potatoes for both this frosting recipe and for lunch or dinner. I set aside the quantity needed for the frosting, have my meal and come back to prepare my frosting once the sweet potato has cooled off.
🍪 Other carob recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
AIP Carob frosting (Coconut free, vegan)
- In a blender combine the sweet potato puree, carob and maple syrup. Taste and adjust carob and maple syrup according to taste.
- Frost your cake with this and voilà! Bon appétit !