Here is an AIP compliant, coconut free, carob frosting to put on top of any cake. You can also totally eat this AIP carob frosting all by itself as a simple pudding.
Ingredients for this AIP carob frosting
I'm giving you some proportions but keep in mind that you should modulate those according to your own taste.
How to make this AIP carob frosting
- In a blender combine the sweet potato, carob and maple syrup. Taste and adjust carob and maple syrup according to taste.
- Frost your cake with this and voilà! Bon appétit!
About the sweet potato puree
To make sweet potato puree, you can either :
- use a steamer (my personal favorite) : peel and slice the sweet potatoes. Put them in your steamer and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until they are soft.
- use an oven : use a fork to pierce several holes into the sweet potatoes, then place them on a baking dish and cook in the oven for about 1 hour at 400°F (205°C) or until they are soft. Then slice them down the middle and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skin.
- use a microwave-oven : use the same process as with the oven, then place them on a microwave-oven safe dish and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are soft.
Whichever way you decide to cook your sweet potatoes, once they are cooked and cooled down, just add them to your blender with the other ingredients of this recipe.