This sweet potato breakfast bowl will be perfect for those who like a healthy, sweet and filling breakfast.
This breakfast bowl is naturally sweet thanks to the fresh and dried fruits contained in it.
- steam cooked sweet potato (peel and cut the sweet potato into cubes and cook in a steamer for about 25 minutes. I advise you to do this the day before or just use some leftover cooked sweet potato).
- lemon juice (or coconut milk if you don't like lemon juice and can tolerate coconut)
- blueberries (fresh if in season or frozen)
- raisins or dried cranberries : choose additive free raisins or dried cranberries to stay compliant
- Pinch of cinnamon
- optional : lemon zest to sprinkle on top of your bowl to decorate
This recipe is pretty versatile. So you can of course modify the fruits used on this recipe according to the season and to what you have on hand. You can also use less fruit if you have to watch your fruit intake.
How to make this
- In a bowl, mash the sweet potato with a fork and add the lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Peel and slice the banana. Put the pieces of banana, the raisins (or dried cranberries) and blueberries on top of the mashed sweet potato.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and the optional lemon zest on top of your bowl. Voilà! Your sweet potato breakfast bowl is ready. Bon appétit !