Endive and ham gratin is such a classic I had to make a gluten free version of it. This recipe is a good trick to make your kids (or even adults) eat more veggies as the main ingredient is endive but it really doesn’t really taste like it with the cheesy bechamel sauce and the ham wrapped around each endive. Hope you will enjoy this recipe.
How to make Belgian endive casserole
- Rince the endives and cut the reddish end. Cook them for about 10 minutes in a steamer or in boiling water.
- In the meantime, prepare the bechamel sauce.
- Drain the endives and roll each one in a ham slice and put them in a baking dish. As shown on the pictures below.
- Add half of the grated cheese to the bechamel. Mix well with a whip.
- Pour the Bechamel sauce over the endives. Add the rest of grated cheese all over the endives.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until it gets a nice golden color and voilà! Serve warm.