Boneless, skinless chicken breast marinated in the traditional Provence flavors then threaded on skewers with a few veggies makes these grilled chicken kabobs an easy summer meal.
Ingredients for these chicken kabobs
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- red onion
- white mushrooms
- herbs of Provence
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- pinch of salt
How to make these chicken kabobs
- Slice the chicken breasts into about 1-inch cubes. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, herbs of Provence and salt into a medium size bowl. Pour half of the marinade into the bowl with the chicken pieces, mix and reserve the other half of the marinade for basting. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers alternating with the red onion, zucchini, mushrooms and carrots until you've reached the end of the skewer, ending with chicken. Repeat with the remaining skewers.
- Baste the kabobs with the reserved marinade and grill them on medium high heat, turning often so each side browns, until cooked through, about 15 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear. And voilà! Serve warm. Bon appétit!
About the skewers.
I used wooden skewers. If you do so, be sure to soak the skewers for at least 15-30 minutes so they don’t burn when you cook the kabobs. If using metal skewers for threading the meat and veggies on, you don’t need to soak them.
Other chicken recipes
- Coconut chicken curry (AIP, paleo, whole30)
- Chicken noodle soup (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Chicken muffins (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)