This gluten free and paleo compliant chicken and veggie stir fry is quick and easy to make. Chicken and vegetables cooking together with a delicious stir fry sauce in just one pan! I'm sure this stir fry recipe will become a staple in your home.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Cashew nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Broccoli cut into florets. To make this recipe, easier and quicker, you can use frozen broccoli florets. Try to get them out of the freezer in advance so they can thaw. But if you don't thaw them before hand, they will just need to cook longer.
- Red bell pepper
For the gluten free stir fry sauce (with paleo option)
- Tamari sauce (or coconut aminos if you are on paleo diet). What is tamari sauce? It is a gluten free soy sauce. Regular soy sauce contains wheat (and consequently gluten). So in order to make a gluten free stir fry sauce you need to use tamari sauce. If you are on a paleo diet or intolerant to soy, you need to use coconut aminos instead of tamari sauce. Coconut aminos is a gluten free, soy free alternative to soy sauce. It is made from the fermented sap of coconut palm.
- Honey or Maple syrup
- Starch : If you are on a paleo diet you should use either arrow root or tapioca starch. If you are not on a paleo diet, you can use either corn starch or potato starch. If you can't tolerate any of those starches, you can omit the starch completely. The starch is a thickener for this gluten free stir fry sauce. It doesn't alter the taste.
What can I serve this with?
If you are on a paleo diet, you can serve this gluten free chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice. If you are not paleo, you can serve with regular white rice or basmati rice.
Other chicken recipes
- Chicken muffins (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Coconut chicken curry (AIP, paleo, whole30)
- Chicken kabobs (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Chicken noodle soup (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
Healthy Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry (gluten free, paleo)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup cashew nuts (70 g)
- 1.5 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli (a handful of florets)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (about a quarter of a bell pepper)
- ½ medium zucchini cubed
For the gluten free stir fry sauce :
- 4 tablespoon tamari sauce (use coconut aminos for paleo diet or if you are soy free)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon starch (see notes)
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add red bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli florets and cashew nuts.
- In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Pour the sauce into the pan. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender, mixing frequently. And voilà!Bon appétit !
Nutrition facts per serving
This recipe was first published on April 2nd 2020. It has been updated on February 20th 2021 to include vegetables to cook directly in the same pan instead of cooking them apart.