This chicken stir fry recipe will become a staple in your home. It’s so quick and easy to make.
Ingredients for this Stir Fry
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Cashew nuts
- Tamari sauce or coconut aminos : What is tamari sauce? It is a gluten free soy sauce. Regular soy sauce contains wheat (and consequently gluten). If you are on a paleo diet or intolerant to soy, you should use coconut aminos instead of tamari sauce. Coconut aminos is a gluten free, soy free alternative to soy sauce. It is made from the fermented sap of coconut palm.
- Honey or Maple syrup
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Broccoli cut into florets. To make this recipe, easier and quicker, you can use frozen broccoli florets. Try to get them out of the freezer in advance so they can thaw. But if you don't thaw them before hand, they will just need to cook longer.
- Red bell pepper
- Starch : If you are on a paleo diet you should use either arrow root or tapioca starch. If you are not on a paleo diet, you can use either corn starch or potato starch. If you can't tolerate any of those starches, you can omit the starch completely. The starch is a thickener for the sauce. It doesn't alter the taste.
What can I serve this Chicken Stir Fry with?
If you are on a paleo diet serve with cauliflower rice. If you are not paleo, you can serve with regular white rice or basmati rice.
Other chicken recipes
- Chicken muffins (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Coconut chicken curry (AIP, paleo, whole30)
- Chicken kabobs (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- Chicken noodle soup (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
This recipe was first published on April 2nd 2020. It has been updated on February 20th 2021 to include vegetables to cook directly in the same pan instead of cooking them apart.