This gluten free and paleo compliant chicken and veggie stir fry is quick and easy to make. Chicken and vegetables cooking together with a delicious stir fry sauce in just one pan! I'm sure this stir fry recipe will become a staple in your home.
Jump To / Aller directement à
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy recipe.
- One pan.
- Ready in 30 minutes.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Chicken. For this chicken and veggie stir fry you will need boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Cashew nuts. They add a delicious crunchiness to this stir fry. Use raw, unseasoned cashew nuts.
- Zucchini. For this recipe we are using unpeeled zucchini.
- Broccoli cut into florets.
- Red bell pepper. You can, of course, use green bell pepper if you prefer. But I like to add some color to my stir fry.
For the gluten free stir fry sauce (with paleo option)
- Tamari sauce (or coconut aminos if you are on paleo diet). What is tamari sauce? It is a gluten free soy sauce. Regular soy sauce contains wheat (and consequently gluten). So in order to make a gluten free stir fry sauce you need to use tamari sauce. If you are on a paleo diet or intolerant to soy, you need to use coconut aminos instead of tamari sauce. Coconut aminos is a gluten free, soy free alternative to soy sauce. It is made from the fermented sap of coconut palm.
- Honey or Maple syrup. To add a little sweetness to the stir fry sauce.
- Starch. If you are on a paleo diet you should use either arrow root or tapioca starch. If you are not on a paleo diet, you can use either corn starch or potato starch. If you can't tolerate any of those starches, you can omit the starch completely. The starch is a thickener for this gluten free stir fry sauce. It doesn't alter the taste.
To make this recipe, easier and quicker, you can use frozen broccoli florets. Try to get them out of the freezer in advance so they can thaw. But if you don't thaw them before hand, they will just need to cook longer.
💬 Frequently Asked Questions
This chicken and veggie stir fry has already everything in just one pan. But if you want more you can add a side dish to this stir fry. If you are on a paleo diet, you can serve this gluten free chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice. If you are not paleo, you can serve with regular white rice or basmati rice.
If you have any leftovers, put them in an airtight container and store in the fridge foe up to 2 days.
🍲 Other chicken recipes
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5 star rating on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Healthy Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry (gluten free, paleo)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 70 grams (½ cup) cashew nuts
- 1.5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 90 grams (1 cup) broccoli
- 75 grams (½ cup) red bell pepper
- ½ medium zucchini cubed
For the gluten free stir fry sauce :
- 4 Tablespoons tamari sauce (use coconut aminos for paleo diet or if you are soy free)
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon starch (see notes)
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add red bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli florets and cashew nuts.
- In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Pour the sauce into the pan. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender, mixing frequently. And voilà!Bon appétit !
Nutrition facts per serving
This recipe was first published on April 2nd 2020. It has been updated on February 20th 2021 to include vegetables to cook directly in the same pan instead of cooking them apart.