Looking for an easy to make crunchy snack? Try these delicious homemade Beetroot Crisps (in British English) or beet chips (in American English).
Jump To / Aller directement à
First of all, if you don't know much about beets (also called beetroots) and want to know everything about them, you can check my complete guide to beetroot.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Although those beetroot crisps (or beet chips) need to be cooked in the oven for quite some time, this recipe is super easy and quick to prepare. In other words, you won't spend much time in the kitchen preparing these, as your oven will do all the hard work.
- They are gluten free, vegan, paleo and AIP compliant.
📖 Ingredient notes
- Raw beet / beetroot. For this recipe, you will need raw beets (or beetroots). Funnily, in France it is harder to find raw beets than already cooked ones at the supermarket. So I'm not sure about how things are where you live. Anyway, for this recipe, make sure to use raw beets.
- Olive oil. I recommend using extra virgin olive oil. If you don't like the taste of olive oil, you can also use avocado oil.
For the quantities and complete list of ingredients for these beet crisps, please see the recipe card below.
I recommend using a mandolin slicer to make these beet crisps.
🥣 Step by step instructions
- Peel the beet and rinse it under cold water. Then finely slice it about 1 mm thick.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and place the beet slices in one layer. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and let it cook for 50 to 60 minutes or until the beetroot slices get crispy. And voilà! Bon appétit !
- Peel the beet thoroughly. Then rinse it under cold water to make sure to remove all the dirt.
- Using a mandolin slicer will make it easier and quicker to very thinly slice your raw beet. But be extremely careful not to hurt your fingers while using it. If you don't have a slicer, you can use a sharp knife and a cutting board. It will just be trickier and will take more time. But it is doable.
- You may want to wear rubber gloves when cutting and handling beets as the pigmentation will leave your hands colored in pink.
🍲 Other beetroot recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
Beetroot crisps (beet chips)
- Preheat oven to 302° F (150°C)
- Peel the beetroot. Rinse it under cold water to make sure you remove all the dirt. Using a mandolin slicer (technically, you can also use a knife but it will be tricky), finely slice it about 1 mm thick.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and let it cook for 50 to 60 minutes or until the beetroot slices get crispy. And voilà!Bon appétit !