Looking for a paleo and AIP compliant crunchy snack? Try these delicious beetroot chips. They are super easy to make and healthy.
First of all, if you don't know much about beetroots and want to know everything about them, you can check my beetroot for beginners article.
Ingredients for these beetroot chips
- raw beetroot. Funnily, in France it is harder to find raw beetroot than already cooked ones at the supermarket. So I'm not sure about how things are where you live. Anyway, for this recipe, you will need raw beetroots.
- extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
How to make these beetroot chips
Although those beetroot chips need to cook in the oven for quite some time, this recipe is super easy and quick to prepare. In other words, you won't spend much time in the kitchen preparing these, as your oven will do all the hard work.
- Peel the beetroot. Rince it under cold water to make sure you remove all the dirt. Using a mandolin slicer (technically, you can also use a knife but it will be tricky), finely slice it about 1mm thick.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet (you will probably need two baking sheets) and place the beetroot slices in one layer. Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and let it cook for 50 to 60 minutes or until the beetroot slices get crispy. And voilà! Bon appétit !
Other beetroot recipes
You can also check my Beetroot and carrot juice recipe
Or, if you'd rather eat cooked beetroot, you can also check these:
- Beetroot carpaccio (AIP, paleo, vegan) for a salad using raw beetroot
- Beetroot and Feta salad (gluten free, vegetarian) for a salad using cooked beetroot
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Cakes (AIP, paleo)
The recipe for these beetroot chips has been shared on : Phoenix Helix Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable.