A super easy tuna dip recipe with cream cheese. It’s ready in less than 5 minutes.
You won’t want to miss this yummy tuna appetizer. This tuna dip with cream cheese can be served either with vegetable sticks (carrots, cucumber, bell peppers...), cheery tomatoes for a super healthy option. Or with gluten free crackers or tortilla chips. You can also use it as a spread on a (gluten free) toast.
It's quick, tasty and the perfect game night appetizer if you are a sports fan. But you don't have to wait for the superbowl to make this. I make this each time I host an "apperitif dinatoire" (French for "dinner with appetizers") and I never have any leftovers!
- canned tuna in water / brine
- cream cheese or fresh goat cheese (see below for more explanations)
- lemon juice : to give a nice kick to this tuna dip
- optional : you can add spring onions if you feel like it
Mix everything well. And voilà! You have, a super simple canned tuna dip that is absolutely amazing.
About the cheese for this tuna dip
To make this tuna dip, you can either use regular cream cheese. Or, if like me, you can't have cow dairy, you can use fresh goat cheese. Fresh goat cheese is pretty close to regular cream cheese. It has a creamy texture (as you can see on the video). Its taste is very subtle, it doesn't have a strong goat taste, unlike dry goat cheese.
How to make this recipe
Other recipe using canned tuna
Tuna and cream cheese dip
- 6.5 oz canned tuna in water/brine (185g drained weight)
- ½ cup cream cheese (90g) or fresh goat cheese
- 4 to 6 tablespoon lemon juice (adjust quantity according to your taste)
- 1 spring onion
- In a bowl, mash together the tuna and goat cheese with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well. If you chose to add spring onion, chop the spring onion and add it to the bowl. Mix again. And voilà! Serve with vegetable sticks and/or with tortilla chips.Bon appétit!