Try this hearty and nourishing sweet potato breakfast hash. This one pan recipe is easy and can be made for a large group or for one serving.
Well, like I've said before, with this "free from" diet, for me, the trickiest meal is breakfast.
Ever since I found out I had to quit eating chicken eggs because of my intolerance, having a savory breakfast has been hard. I envy those who can easily have dinner leftovers for breakfast. I just can't. But I have realised that sweet potato breakfast hash suits me really well in the morning.
I mostly do this on weekends so I can take my time to prepare it and eat it right away when it has been freshly made. Then I will eat the leftovers (if there are any) on the next day.
- Bacon : make sure to use compliant bacon
- Sweet potato
- Spinach : you can use fresh or frozen. You can also use kale or even the green leaves of a beetroot (click here to read more about that).
- Lard or extra virgin olive oil
How to make this
- Peel and dice the onion. Heat lard or oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon cubes to the skillet.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into bite sized pieces. Add the sweet potato to the frying pan.
- Chop the mushrooms and add to frying pan.
- Add the spinach and cook until all the vegetables have softened and browned to your liking. Add salt to taste and voilà! Serve immediately. Bon appétit!
Other breakfast recipes you might like
For other savory breakfast ideas, you can check these recipes:
If you prefer to have a sweet breakfast, you can check these: