Learn how to make homemade vegan and paleo golden milk. This ayurvedic beverage is easy to make and full of benefits!
Golden milk, also called turmeric latte is an ayurvedic beverage. It is the perfect nightcap to drink before bed.
This ayurvedic beverage is touted for its healing, anti-inflammatory properties thanks to curcumin found in turmeric.
- almond milk
- turmeric powder. Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Warning ⚠️ : turmeric stains a lot (on clothes and also on cookware, cups...) so you probably shouldn't be wearing your favorite clothes while making your golden milk nor should you use your best white China.
- cinnamon powder
- coconut oil : it makes the turmeric more available for our bodies to absorb because it is fat-soluble.
- black pepper: it also helps the absorption of curcumin by our body.
- Maple syrup to taste
How to make this
- Place all spices in a saucepan with a little bit of almond milk on medium heat. Then, mix with a spoon and add the rest of the almond milk when the spices are starting to combine with the almond milk.
- Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut oil.
- Turn off the heat, and allow the mixture to cool to a warm drinkable temperature.
- Add maple syrup to taste. And voilà! Serve this vegan golden milk warm.