Here is an AIP compliant, coconut free, lemon muffin frosting to put on top of any cake. You can also totally eat this AIP lemon frosting all by itself, as a simple pudding.
Jump To / Aller directement à
📖 Ingredient notes
To make this lemon frosting recipe you will need:
- Sweet potato puree. Make sure to use orange sweet potatoes.
- Lemon juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Maple syrup. Use pure maple syrup.
- Lemon zest. It will add extra lemony flavors to your lemon frosting and garnish.
🥣 Step by step instructions
- In a blender combine the sweet potato, lemon juice and maple syrup. Taste and adjust lemon juice and maple syrup according to taste.
- Frost your cake with this and sprinkle some lemon zest on top and voilà! Bon appétit!
🔪 About the sweet potato puree
To make sweet potato puree, you can either :
- use a steamer (my personal favorite) : peel and slice the sweet potatoes. Put them in your steamer and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until they are soft.
- use an oven : use a fork to pierce several holes into the sweet potatoes, then place them on a baking dish and cook in the oven for about 1 hour at 400°F (205°C) or until they are soft. Then slice them down the middle and scoop out the flesh, discarding the skin.
- use a microwave-oven : use the same process as with the oven, then place them on a microwave-oven safe dish and cook for about 10 minutes or until they are soft.
Whichever way you decide to cook your sweet potatoes, once they are cooked and cooled down, just add them to your blender with the other ingredients of this recipe.
- To make this recipe easier, I prepare a big batch of sweet potato puree that I will use for different recipes. Read on to find other sweet potato puree recipe ideas.
- I'm giving you some proportions in this recipe but keep in mind that you should modulate those according to your own taste.
🍪 Other AIP recipes you might like
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 on the recipe card and leave a nice review below! Tag @gohealthywithbea on Instagram and hashtag #gohealthywithbea! Also, let's stay connected on social media and continue to cook together! You can find me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
📋 Recipe / Recette
AIP Lemon frosting (Coconut free, vegan)
- 150 g (¾ cup) sweet potato puree (made with orange sweet potato)
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a blender combine the sweet potato, lemon juice and maple syrup. Taste and adjust lemon juice and maple syrup quantities according to taste.
- Frost your cake with this, sprinkle some lemon zest and voilà! Bon appétit !