Coconut free chicken curry, an easy recipe that is ready in about 25 minutes. Boneless chicken breast simmered in a rich sauce with AIP compliant spices make a delicious chicken curry for the whole family.
Considering that both tomatoes and many spices are forbidden on the AIP diet, creating an AIP compliant coconut free chicken curry was tricky. But with so many people intolerant to coconut I had to find a solution.
The biggest challenge was to replace both the tomatoes and coconut milk that are usually used in an Indian curry. Funny thing, I came up with this idea as I was eating my coconut chicken curry served with steamed cooked sweet potatoes. Thankfully, I had some leftover cooked sweet potatoes so it was very easy to try my idea out the next day.
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- oil of your choice
- bone broth (or water if you don’t have any bone broth)
- steamed cooked sweet potato
- pinch of salt
- chopped coriander/cilantro or parsley
Please note that this recipe has been created for people on an AIP diet which doesn't allow all spices. Although I am not an AIPer myself I love this recipe the way it is. But if you are not on an AIP diet and want to spice it up a little bit more, feel free to add a pinch of Cayenne or black pepper or cumin.
Again, if you are not an AIPer, you can also use a store bought spice mix like strong Madras curry. But you have to know that spice mixes might contain casein (milk protein) or other things. Yes you have read correctly: casein in a spice mix! Luckily, it should be written on the package. But you have to think about checking the package for this kind of ingredients. Since I have discovered this, I prefer to make my own mixes.
As I often do, the recipe here is a one serving recipe. This way, it is very easy to multiply to get the number of servings that is convenient for you.
Other chicken recipes
- you can try these savory muffins: Chicken muffins (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- or these delicious Chicken kabobs (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- or this hearty Chicken noodle soup (Coconut free, AIP, paleo)
- and this super easy and quick Chicken and cashew nuts stir fry (gluten free, paleo)